Governor Lamont Implements New Tips for Connecticut’s COVID-19 Vacation Advisory
Revised Get Applies to All Domestic and Intercontinental Locations Outside of Connecticut, Besides for the Neighboring States of New Jersey, New York, and Rhode Island
(HARTFORD, CT) – Governor Ned Lamont nowadays declared that he has signed an executive purchase revising the suggestions for the travel advisory he enacted before this 12 months in Connecticut amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic in get to streamline its operations and align with not too long ago modified steering on the virus from the U.S Centre for Disease Command and Avoidance.
Helpful at 12:01 a.m. on Saturday, December 19, 2020, the revised Connecticut COVID-19 Vacation Advisory will:
- Implement to all tourists – both of those international and domestic – moving into Connecticut from any locale, apart from for the neighboring states of New Jersey, New York, and Rhode Island and
- Require all impacted tourists to finish the Connecticut Vacation Wellness Form (readily available at ct.gov/travelform) and self-quarantine for a period of time of 10 days or till a detrimental COVID-19 test consequence.
There will be three exemptions from the requirement to self-quarantine:
- Screening choice exemption: Applicable to any afflicted traveler who has had a adverse check for COVID-19 in the 72 several hours prior to their arrival in Connecticut, or subsequent to their arrival in Connecticut, and had submitted such damaging examination result to the commissioner of the Department of General public Health. This can be possibly a PCR examination or a swift antigen exam.
- Necessary worker exemption: Relevant to vital workers traveling for get the job done-associated needs.
- Tested positive for COVID-19 exemption: Relevant to an afflicted traveler who has analyzed favourable for COVID-19 inside 90 times prior to his or her arrival in Connecticut and has clinically recovered, or has not been symptomatic for a interval of 10 times due to the fact symptom onset or this kind of favourable exam if not symptomatic, and has submitted this sort of examination final result to the commissioner of the Division of Community Well being.
“Given the present high premiums of COVID-19 in the course of the United States and internationally, Connecticut carries on to strongly discourage all nonessential, interstate journey at this time as the pitfalls are way too critical,” Governor Lamont mentioned. “Visitors to Connecticut and people returning from any spot past the quick location – such as New Jersey, New York, and Rhode Island – really should self-quarantine for a interval of 10 days in purchase to cut down the chance of any further unfold of this virus.”
For even more details on the Connecticut COVID-19 Vacation Advisory, which includes an substantial record of usually asked queries (FAQ), pay a visit to ct.gov/Coronavirus/vacation.
**Download: Governor Lamont’s Govt Order No. 9S